- Many studios thought it was bad
- Many people in the film industry thought that the movie was going to be a fail and not gonna do so good. They thought that the story was way to complex and that the audience wouldn’t understand it that much.
- Gale and director Robert Zemeckis even approached Disney to pich the movie. They replied with:
- “You’ve got the kid and the mother in his car!” they told Gale and director Robert Zemeckis. “It’s incest!”
3. Start of Marty and Doc’s friendship:
- it was claimed by Zemeckis that there was a back story on how Doc and Marty became friends.
- “He snuck into Doc’s lab, and was fascinated by all the cool stuff that was there. When Doc found him there, he was delighted to find that Marty thought he was cool and accepted him for what he was. Both of them were the black sheep in their respective environments. Doc gave Marty a part-time job to help with experiments, tend to the lab, tend to the dog, etc.”
4. In the early drafts of Back to the Future, the time machine was made out of an old refrigerator…
5. …and Doc Brown had a pet chimpanzee.
6. Ronald Reagan was offered the role of Hill Valley’s mayor in Back to the Future III.
7. As you surely noticed when you were eight years old, the Twin Pines Mall becomes the Lone Pine Mall.
8. John DeLorean wrote Bob Gale a letter, thanking him for “keeping my dream alive.”
9. Tom Wilson (Biff) has a handy card with answers to all your BTTFquestions.